Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Video Blog on Worker Incentives

As I wrote about in my previous post, I've been working on a foundation HR "course" that will be part of four Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) on Human Resource Management Principles for People Managers. This course provides a foundation for managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This last part involves some economics, some psychology, some sociology, and other things. Here is a taste of one of the economics videos: Incentives, Incentives, Incentives.

I'm excited by how this shaping up, and the course will contain a lot of material that is unique to HRM courses. Look for "Preparing to Manage Human Resources" on the Coursera website in early February. 

Update (1/30/2016): On Coursera, my course is here. A complete list of videos for this course is on my MOOC page.

Update (2/14/2016): It only took a couple weeks for my online enrollment to exceed the total number of students I've taught in person in 25 years at Minnesota. Enrollment as of today is exactly 2,000! From over 100 countries!

3 comments:

  1. Professor Budd:

    I just completed your course, Preparing to Manage Human Resources, at Coursera. It was excellent. I really enjoyed the course material, the fun and interesting ways you presented the information, and all the various disciplines that you integrated in your lectures - economics, psychology and sociology. The material was solid, it was interesting and I really learned a lot. I will definitely continue to reference this information as I move forward in my studies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I'm thrilled to hear that you found the course useful, stimulating, and enjoyable. Good luck with your studies.

      Delete
  2. I was taken and found this course is useful and enjoy when taken course

    ReplyDelete